This product is included in the Ultimate Photography Bundle!
Learn how you can save money with the bundle.
Matte effects can be used to create powerful and elegant photos, and this set includes a total of 35 Photoshop actions that will allow you to create awesome matte effects very easily. The set includes 26 actions for different types of matte effects, 3 actions for adding different amounts of grain, and 6 actions for adding vignettes to your photos.
The actions in this set will allow you to create a wide variety of different matte effects. You’ll get actions for matte effects with varying degrees of strength (for a more subtle effect or a stronger effect), some actions that use desaturated colors, warming and cooling effects, and more. There are several black & white matte effects included, as well as some mono effects that add a colored tint to give some variety from a standard black & white.
These actions can be used with a very wide variety of photos, but they tend to work great with portraits. The grain and vignette actions allow you the flexibility to easily add those elements whenever you want them, without forcing them to be applied every time you use one of the matte actions. The grain and vignettes can be stacked if you need to create stronger effects.
The matte actions work with Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. The actions are compatible in every version of Photoshop since CS4 (which includes Photoshop CS4, including CS4, CS5, CS6, CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, CC 2017, CC 2018, CC 2019, and 2020). The actions for Photoshop Elements can be used in any version since PSE 11 (PSE 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2018, 2019, and 2020). When you download the file you’ll get two different files for the actions, one for Photoshop users and one for Elements users.
Here is a list of the actions included:
- Mild Matte
- Moderate Matte
- Maximum Matte
- Gloomy Matte (desaturated colors)
- Icy Matte
- Winter Matte
- Faded Matte
- Rose Matte (a slight red tint)
- Strawberry Matte (a slight pink/red tint)
- Sepia Tint Matte
- Creamy Matte
- Hazy Matte
- Peachy Haze Matte (a slight peachy tint)
- Violet Haze Matte (a slight violet tint)
- Low Contrast Matte
- Sunny Matte
- Vintage Matte
- Vintage Matte Light (similar to Vintage Matte, but with a softer effect)
- Retro Matte
- Retro Faded Matte
- Black & White Mild Matte
- Black & White Moderate Matte
- Black & White Maximum Matte
- Black & White High Contrast Matte
- Black & White Dirty Matte (brown tint)
- Black & White Raspberry Matte (a slight red tint)
- Add Grain – Light
- Add Grain – Moderate
- Add Grain – Heavy
- Add Dark Vignette – Subtle
- Add Dark Vignette – Medium
- Add Dark Vignette – Strong
- Add White Vignette – Subtle
- Add White Vignette – Medium
- Add White Vignette – Strong
If you are a Lightroom user you may also be interested in our Matte Lightroom Presets.
For installation instructions please see How to Install a Set of Photoshop Actions.